Remedial massage therapy manipulates the body’s soft tissues to provide an effective healing treatment by improving blood flow to various regions in your body. This type of massage aims to treat knotted, tense or immobile parts of the body that cause aches and can eventually lead to injury.
What is Remedial Massage?
How does it work?
Remedial massage works by mobilising tense and knotted muscles to allow better blood circulation and freedom of movement. It also releases fascia to allow muscles to have their natural range of motion and release emotional tension. One of the aims of treatment is to stimulate the body to heal itself. It has a positive effect on various systems of your body, including:
- Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems: Encourages blood flow to the tissue being treated, promoting a reduction in pain and swelling by improving lymphatic flow.
- Muscular System: Enables a great stretch on tight and overused muscles. This reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
- Endocrine/Hormonal Systems: Reduces levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone. It can increase levels of serotonin and dopamine, which are hormones that improve mood and reduce anxiety. This can have a positive effect on your sleeping pattern and energy levels.
- Joints: Assists in increasing joint range of motion by working on the surrounding muscles. If the muscles are relaxed, the joints that connect to those muscles also relax!
What Conditions Can Remedial Massage Help With?
Remedial Massage is effective in treating a wide range of conditions, including:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Tension headaches
- Jaw pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscular spasms
- Carpal tunnel
- And many more sports-related and musculoskeletal injuries
Please talk to your massage therapist to see what is best for you!
Does Remedial Massage Hurt?
You may feel a little tender during treatment when targeting sore points, however you should feel the benefit of reduced tension and improved mobility immediately afterwards or 24-48 hours later.
Other Treatment Options Include:
- Core Exercises
- Joint Manipulation
- Kinesio Taping
- Manual Therapy
- Posture Correction
- Strengthening Exercises
- Dry Needling
- Stretching Exercises
- Balance Exercises
- Rigid Taping
- Gait Analysis
Remedial massage services are available to clients from: Belfield, Belmore, Beverly Hills, Campsie, Canterbury, Hurlstone Park, Kingsgrove, Clemton Park, Croydon Park, Condell Park, Earlwood and Burwood, plus the additional suburbs below.
Bankstown | Punchbowl | Greenacre | Lakemba | Chullora | Strathfield | Mount Lewis | Padstow | Wiley Park | Regents Park | Riverwood | Roselands | Villawood | Yagoona | Revesby