We want to make sure you have an effective hijama treatment. Help optimise the benefit of this treatment by following the Before & After Care advice below:
BEFORE YOUR HIJAMA TREATMENT
- Please have a shower before your treatment and wear fresh clothes to reduce the risk of any infections
- Fast 3 hours before your hijama treatment however, make sure you are not fasting from the day before. You can drink a bit of water if you’re thirsty.
- Hydrate plenty in the day leading up to your hijama treatment – water is the best drink for hydration.
- For MEN: the areas to be cupped should be hair free or at least shaved down to level 1
AFTER YOUR HIJAMA TREATMENT
- Please avoid showering for 4 hours and avoid strenuous activity that will make you sweat. We want to make sure the small cuts have healed completely to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid red meat on the day you do the Hijama treatment, but you can have chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables and drink plenty of water.
- The following day feel free to apply black seed oil or olive oil or moisturiser to encourage healing of the skin.
- Do not rub or scratch the areas cupped.
If you are taking blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, warfarin, etc, you cannot perform Hijama as your cuts will take longer to close therefore increasing your risk of infection. You will need to speak to your Doctor to advise how long you will need to stop taking the blood thinners and to provide you with a clearance letter confirming it’s safe for you to perform Hijama.
For more information about wet cupping, check out:
- Our frequently asked questions: www.masnad.com.au/hijama-wet-cupping/
- Our Hijama Blogs: https://www.masnad.com.au/knowledge-centre/hijama-info-hub/
For any other questions, feel free to call us on 02 9793 8840. We would love to help!