Thank you for choosing Masnad Health Clinic as your health provider. We are honoured to have served the community since 2012. We truly appreciate your support and will do our absolute best to provide you with exceptional health care.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
To ensure we provide you and our other valued clients with the best possible care – it is important that you understand and agree to our terms and conditions as outlined below:
- We Hate to Charge a Late Notice Fee: We understand that sometimes life gets in the way, but if you cannot attend, let us know the day before your appointment. Not attending affects your progress and doesn’t allow us to treat someone else in pain. Cancellations on the day of your appointment will incur a $25 late notice fee. Please note that it is your responsibility to manage your appointment times. We will send you a courtesy SMS reminder 2 days before your appointment and another one 3 hours before your appointment, so please keep your details up to date with us. Please note that late notice fees cannot be claimed through Medicare, your private health insurer or your WorkCover/CTP insurance company. This is an out of pocket expense for you.
- Pay at the Time of Consult – consultation fees for all private patients are to be paid at the time of consultation and in full. Workers Compensation and CTP invoices are sent directly to the insurer. Should the claim be rejected for any reason, all invoices become the client’s responsibility.
- If you’re under the age of 16, we must receive consent from a parent or guardian to receive treatment at Masnad Health Clinic
- Our Consultation Fees
|Hijama/Wet Cupping||$65 + $25 Cupping Set|
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
As part of providing an allied health care service to you, Masnad Health Clinic (ARB Corporate Services Pty Ltd) will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your current situation. This information will be a necessary part of your assessment and treatment.
What We Collect
We collect the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, date of birth, email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Medical history and treatment notes
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/ or offers
Purpose of collecting and holding information
The information is gathered as part of your assessment, diagnosis and treatment and is seen only by the Masnad Health Clinic team. The information is retained in order to document what happens during sessions and enables our allied health team to provide you with a holistic treatment approach.
All personal information gathered by the Masnad Health Clinic Team will remain confidential and secure except where:
- It is subpoenaed by a court, or
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious and imminent risk; or
- Your prior approval has been obtained to
- Provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g. a GP or a lawyer; or
- Discuss the material with another person, e.g. a parent or employer; or
- If disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Please note that if a medical professional has referred you on a Medicare plan, we must provide a written report to your GP at the first and final session.
Access to client information
At any stage, you are entitled to access your personal information kept on file, subject to exceptions in the relevant legislation. Your Therapist may discuss with you different possible forms of access.
Please note: If, after reading this page you have any questions, please contact Masnad Health Clinic on 02 9793 8840 or speak directly with our staff.